Do you want to learn how to boost your conversions rate using multi-step popups?
Then you come to the right place. Here I’ll show you how you can create multi-step popups that boost your conversion rate.
Now you might be thinking, why multi-step popups, right? Because multi-step popups have the highest conversion rate than one-page popups.
So, let’s get started,
What is a multi-step popup?
In single-page popups, users see a popup that directly asks them to fill the information.
But in multi-step popups, users first see a button or link before the call to action.
So, by using multi-step popups to get users to click a link or a button before showing your call to action, you’ll increase your odds of getting more conversions.
Plus, this process is less intimidating to site visitors because they aren’t immediately handing over contact information.
So, let’s start creating a multi-step popup.
How to create a multi-step popup?
To create popups, you need an OptinMonster account. OptinMonster is a lead generation software that converts visitors into a subscriber with their marketing tools.
Here are some features of OptinMonster:
- Beautiful Lead Capture Templates: You can get 75+ premade template and customize those according to your use.
- Multiple Form Types: With OptinMonster, you can create Popups. Floating bars. Fullscreen overlays. Slide-ins.
- Exit Intent® Technology: OptinMonster detects user behavior and shows them the targeted campaign when they about to leave.
- Page-Level Targeting: With page-level targeting, you can show different popups on your different pages.
- OnSite Retargeting® and Personalization: You can show different popups to your new visitors, returning visitors, and customers. So, you can show the right offers to your users.
- A/B Testing: Test different texts, images, layouts to see what is best for you.
- Advanced Traffic Redirection: Send traffic to important pages on your site.
- Analytics and Insights: You can analyze clicks, views, and overall conversion rates.
- Seamless Integrations: OptinMonster integrates with Aweber, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, and MadMimi, Mailpoet, Sendinblue, and all custom HTML form scripts.
The cool thing is OptinMonster allows you to do all of that without writing a single line of code.
OptinMonster pricing starts at $9/month. So, click the link below to buy OptinMonster.
Step-1. Create your popup
Once you’re in your OptinMonster dashboard, click Create New Campaign in the top right corner.
Next, you need to select the campaign type. Here we’re going to create a popup, so select ‘Popup’.
After that, you need to choose a template for your popup. You get 75+ premade template from OptinMonster, you can choose one of them.
Also, you can filter those templates according to specific devices and goals.
And if you want to create a template from scratch, you can create that by choosing the ‘Canvas’ template.
In this tutorial, we’ll use the ‘Basic’ template. You can choose your template according to your needs.
After choosing any template, enter the name of your template and select your website. And hit ‘Start Building’.
You have successfully created your popup, now it’s time to customize your popup.
Step- 2. Customize your popup
After clicking ‘Start Building’ you’ll be redirected to the popup customization section. Here you can customize everything you want.
You can add new blocks (button, image, video, etc.), customize every block, change every text, and more. So, customize your popup according to your needs.
Keep in mind that you need to design your ‘Successful’ page depending on the goal of your campaign.
If you want to show a thank you message, after users submit their email or do other tasks, then you need to create a simple thank you message.
And if you redirect your users to another URL, then you don’t need to create a success message.
Step- 3. Create multi-step popup
To create a multi-step popup, we use the ‘Yes/No’ campaign. And to do that click the Yes/No button and enable Yes/No for This Campaign.
After that, you’ll see a default Yes/No popup, but you’ll need to customize this according to your needs.
But the most important part is to decide which action you want to use for both your Yes and No buttons, depending on the goal of your campaign.
If you want to show the call to action campaign after users select the Yes button, then you’ll need to select the Go To View for Yes button action.
And for the No button, you can close the popup or redirect to another page.
The last step is to set display rules for your popup.
Step- 4. Set display rules
To set display rules for your popup, you’ll need to click on the Display Rules tab.
By default, the display rules are set for ‘Time on Page’, but you can change this.
So, choose your display rules according to your needs and click Save > Publish.
Now you’ve successfully created your multi-step popup.
That’s it for this article, if you like this article don’t forget to share and if you’ve any questions about this article don’t forget to ask in the comment section.